Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee feeds the hungry by securing and distributing food and grocery products to regional agencies that provide services to the needy, ill, children and elderly in Northeast Tennessee. Your support helps in our vision that no one will go hungry because they lack access to food.
Here are just a few examples of how we helped provide food during 2014:
- Food for Kids Program provided nutritious snacks and easily prepared meal items for over 5,000 at-risk children to take home and eat after school and on weekends when they may have little or nothing to eat at home.
- Kids Café provided food to 7 charities serving low income children in after-school programs providing good nutrition for over 1,500 children each month.
- Mobile Food Pantry has 50 sites providing food to over 2,500 households each month.
- Summer food Service Program provided summer meals for over 1,600 children when school was out.
- Project Thanksgiving provided food boxes and turkeys for 6,500 individuals in Northeast Tennessee.
For more information on Food Bank Programs and Services click on the pictures:
The mission of Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee is to feed the hungry by securing and distributing food and grocery products to regional agencies that provide services to the needy, ill, children and elderly in Northeast Tennessee. Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee works to close the gap on hunger in our eight-county region providing food assistance through charities, faith-based organizations and food bank programs that serve the needy. Assistance is provided in Carter, Greene, Hancock, Hawkins, Johnson, Sullivan, Unicoi and Washington Counties.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee, 1020 Jericho Drive, Kingsport, TN 37663
Phone: (423)279-0430 Fax: (423)279-0590 email: email@example.com