WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR HUNGER ACTION in SEPTEMBER
1. Join our THUNDERCLAP on Hunger Action Day, Thursday September 3, at 12pm EST. By visiting the Hunger Action Month Thunderclap page http://bit.ly/1Jd5twM
2. Turn your facebook profile orange for the month of September or post a spoon selfie with #Spoontember. Does your business have the ability to change your building exterior spotlights to orange? If you are willing to do so during September please contact the food bank for recognition of your efforts.
3. Donate to a Food Drive or sign up to hold a food drive. Click here for a listing.
4. Make a monetary donation to Second Harvest. For each $1 donated Second Harvest can provide over $7 worth of groceries for someone in need.
5. To learn more about Feeding America’s Hunger Action Month and Spoontember, please visit www.hungeractionmonth.org. http://bit.ly/1f8l2rD
Click on the topics below to learn more about our programs and services:
The Food Bank’s mission is to feed the hungry in Northeast Tennessee by securing and distributing food and engaging our community in the fight to end hunger through regional partnerships, programs and education.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee has led the effort to end hunger in the region since 1986. Second Harvest is the only food bank serving the eight-county region incorporating Carter, Greene, Hancock, Hawkins, Johnson Sullivan, Unicoi and Washington counties.
The food bank is a member of the Feeding America Network (www.feedingamerica.org) Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that relies solely on the support of community members and grants. Your money works! For every dollar donated the food bank can supply enough food for 3.5 meals.
* Feeding America is a registered trademark or trademark of Feeding America in the U.S. and certain other countries and is used under license. For more information visit www.feedingamerica.org
Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee, 1020 Jericho Drive, Kingsport, TN 37663
Phone: (423)279-0430 Fax: (423)279-0590 email: email@example.com