The mission of Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee is to feed the hungry by securing and distributing food and grocery products to regional agencies that provide services to the needy, ill, children and elderly in Northeast Tennessee. Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee works to close the gap on hunger in our eight-county region providing food assistance through charities, faith-based organizations and food bank programs that serve the needy. Assistance is provided in Carter, Greene, Hancock, Hawkins, Johnson, Sullivan, Unicoi and Washington Counties.
HUNGER IN AMERICA 2014 GIVES A PROFILE OF THE NEED FOR FOOD IN NORTHEAST TENNESSEE
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee serves 82,400 unique (unduplicated) clients annually.
- Individuals are reached by our food distributions 10,900 times in a typical week.
- 87% of households served report purchasing unhealthy food because they can't afford healthier options.
- 77% have to choose between paying for food and medicine or medical care.
- 69% have to choose between paying for food any paying for utilities.
- 17% of households served include someone who is a veteran or who has served in the military.
- READ THE FULL REPORT www.feedingamerica.org
CLICK BY TOPIC FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee, 1020 Jericho Drive, Kingsport, TN 37663
Phone: (423)279-0430 Fax: (423)279-0590 email: email@example.com