Everyone is Encouraged to Donate Food to The Living is Giving Student Food Drive
Now through October 6 in Northeast Tennessee High Schools
Nine local high schools are participating in the food drive co-sponsored by WJHL and Hardee’s.
Last year the combined food drives collected over 30,000 pounds of food to help feed the hungry in Northeast Tennessee.
Donations will be accepted at these high schools and at area Hardee's on the dates indicated.
Hardee’s is giving each school a ‘Blitz Day’, a one day collection per school at the Hardee’s location near the school. During the ‘Blitz Days’ Hardee’s patrons who bring food donations will receive a free Thickburger. Visit netfoodbank.org or WJHL.com for a list of dates and locations.
- David Crockett High School– September 21st
- Hardee’s Location: 395 E Jackson Boulevard Jonesborough, TN 37659
- Tri Cities Christian– September 23rd
- Hardee’s Location: 1313 Volunteer Parkway Bristol, TN 37620
- Sullivan North– September 25th
- Hardee’s Location: 3020 N John B Dennis Highway Kingsport, TN 37660
- Dobyns Bennett High School– September 28th
- Hardee’s Location: 1405 E Stone Drive Kingsport, TN 37660
- Providence Academy– September 29th
- Hardee ‘sLocation: 4707 North Roan Street Johnson City, TN 37615
- Daniel Boone High School– September 30th
- Hardee’s Location: 2702 N Roan Street Johnson City, TN 37601
- Johnson County High School– October 1st
- Hardee’s Location: 141 Pioneer Village Drive Mountain City, TN 37683
‘September is Hunger Action Month where Second Harvest and food banks across America encourage everyone to get involved in feeding the hungry in their area,” stated food bank Director, Rhonda Chafin, “This food drive comes at a very good time as the need for food assistance always increases during the upcoming holiday and winter months. We appreciate the high schools for participating and our sponsors for their support. The WJHL Living is Giving Student Food Drive not only provides much needed food donations but also helps encourage leadership skills in students.”
Click on the topics below to learn more about our programs and services:
The Food Bank’s mission is to feed the hungry in Northeast Tennessee by securing and distributing food and engaging our community in the fight to end hunger through regional partnerships, programs and education.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee has led the effort to end hunger in the region since 1986. Second Harvest is the only food bank serving the eight-county region incorporating Carter, Greene, Hancock, Hawkins, Johnson Sullivan, Unicoi and Washington counties.
The food bank is a member of the Feeding America Network (www.feedingamerica.org) Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that relies solely on the support of community members and grants. Your money works! For every dollar donated the food bank can supply enough food for 3.5 meals.
* Feeding America is a registered trademark or trademark of Feeding America in the U.S. and certain other countries and is used under license. For more information visit www.feedingamerica.org
Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee, 1020 Jericho Drive, Kingsport, TN 37663
Phone: (423)279-0430 Fax: (423)279-0590 email: firstname.lastname@example.org