OUR MISSION is to feed the hungry in Northeast Tennessee by securing and distributing food and engaging our community in the fight to end hunger through regional partnerships, programs, and education.
WE ARE ONE OF 5 FOOD BANKS IN TENNESSEE AND ONE OF 200 IN THE FEEDING AMERICA NETWORK.
SECOND HARVEST FOOD BANK OF NORTHEAST TENNESSEE IS AIB CERTIFIED FOR SAFE FOOD HANDLING
FOOD DONATIONS AND DISTRIBUTION OF FOOD
- Over 8.5 million meals provided in 2015. - The food bank distributed 10.2 million pounds of food during FY 2015 - current USDA pound-to-meal conversion factor: 1 meal = 1.2 lbs.
- Food is distributed through over 228 agency partners and programs
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee has seen a 10% growth annually in food distribution over the last 4 years.
FEATURES OF THE FACILITY
- Size of facility: 112,087 square feet
- Average monthly inventory on hand - Over 1.7 million pounds
- Agency shopping and volunteer areas are climate-controlled.
- Six delivery bays and dock plates for truck deliveries.
- Food is provided to 228 agency partners and food bank programs that distribute food in the eight-county service area
- Over 43,000 individuals get hunger relief each month
- Counties served are: Carter, Greene, Hancock, Hawkins, Johnson, Sullivan, Unicoi and Washington counties in Northeast Tennessee