Second Harvest Seeks Development Writer
• Write and edit grant proposals, reports, letters of inquiry, and budgets.
• Manage a healthy portfolio of corporate and foundation donors.
• Research and identify new corporate and foundation prospects.
• Work with Development Team to implement solicitation strategies.
• Partner with staff to generate successful proposals and reports.
• Organize materials for grant proposal submissions.
• Maintain a grants and reports calendar to ensure the timely management of the grant process.
• Maintain appropriate grant records.
• Responsible for a variety of correspondence, including funding requests and thank you letters.
• Minimum of two years’ experience with a proven track record of success in grant and proposal writing.
• Bachelors Degree.
• Exceptional writing, editing, research, and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of grant writing in the non-profit environment.
• Strong project management and organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to organize information and meet deadlines.
• Proficiency in the Windows Microsoft Office environment.
• Ability to honor confidentiality.
• Knowledge of Northeast Tennessee corporate and foundation community preferred.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee is a 501c3 non-profit organization and an affiliate of the Feeding America network of food banks, one of five in Tennessee and one of 200 in the United States. Second Harvest serves the Northeast Tennessee counties of Carter, Greene, Hancock, Hawkins, Johnson, Sullivan, Washington and Unicoi. The food bank was formed in May 1986 as the Tri-Cities Regional Food Bank to respond to the hunger needs of the 70,000 people in the region who were living below the poverty level at that time.
In Fiscal Year ending June 2014, Second Harvest distributed 10.3 million pounds of food through partner agencies and direct service programs. The mission of Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee is to feed the hungry by securing and distributing food and grocery products to regional agencies that provide services to the needy, ill, children, and elderly. Recipient agencies served by the food bank include food pantries, soup kitchens, emergency shelters, and after-school and summer programs for children. Currently, these charitable organizations and direct service programs serve an average of 43,000 individuals each month.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. The food bank recognizes the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourages applicants with various experiences and backgrounds to apply.
Please send cover letter and resume to Development Director, Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee, 1020 Jericho Drive, Kingsport, TN 37663 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please continue to visit our website for upcoming employment opportunities. Thank you for your interest in Second Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Tennessee.