DONATE TO A FOOD DRIVE NEAR YOU!
JUNIOR LEAGUE FOOD DRIVE - APRIL 2 AT ALL FOOD CITY STORES - PLEASE GIVE!
FIT 4 LIFE GRAND FINALE AT FREEDOM HALL JOHNSON CITY 6:00 P.M. - PLEASE BRING 5 CANS OF FOOD TO DONATE
Elizabethton More food drive locations are needed in Elizabethton, call (423)279-0430 for details.
Ongoing All City of Johnson City Fire Stations
Ongoing Summit Leadership, 3104 Hanover Road
Ongoing Highlands Fellowship, 100 Centre Park Drive
Ongoing Sinking Creek Baptist Church, 2313 Elizabethton Hwy.
Ongoing East Unaka Christian Church, 1201 E. Unaka Ave.
April 2 FIT 4 LIFE - Freedom Hall
Ongoing Biggies Clam Bar & Tavern, 417 W Stone Drive
Ongoing Cash Express, 620 W Center Street
Ongoing Highlands Fellowship Kingsport, 1195 N Eastman Road
Ongoing Walgreens, 2200 Memorial Blvd.
Ongoing Re/Max, 1567 N Eastman Rd., Suite 14
11/25/2015 – 1/6/2016 State Farm Insurance, 2742 W State St., Suite 3
Ongoing Dollar General, 1498 Hwy 126
Ongoing 421 Area Emergency Services, 1758 Bristol Caverns Hwy
Help feed the hungry - hold a Food Drive
Call (423)279-0430 ext. 224 to sign up! We also offer a “Virtual Food Drive ” for an online food drive.
How to Organize a Food Drive:
Determine how and where food will be collected. You can use boxes, barrels or bins. Small to medium-size boxes work well for food drives. We can deliver barrels with at least 48 hours notice.
Give us a starting/ending date and location of the drive. Once collected, you can deliver the food directly to us or call and we will come and pick it up. Pick-ups are coordinated into our current truck routes. This could take a couple of days depending on the service area location.
· If you are using our barrels to collect food they come with a poster or wrap that says “Food Drive to Benefit Second Harvest”. You may decorate the barrels by wrapping them with paper and then decorating the paper. PLEASE do not mark on the barrels or barrel wraps.
· Appoint someone in charge of logistics; i.e., barrel locations and the physical collection of the food. Set a goal: Decide how much food you would like to collect during your food drive. How many potential contributors do you have? How much can you expect to collect? Will you collect food or cash-or both?
· Consider holding internal competitions (between departments, floors, etc.) Award the winners with special recognition such as pizza, etc.
· Spread the word!!! Create a poster explaining your food drive and post it on walls, barrels, etc. to inform others. Put small fliers in paychecks, and mention in other communication with your group, like e-mails and newsletters.
Food items we always need include:
• Cereal/Rice/Dried Beans
• Canned Tuna Fish/Meat
• Canned Soups
• Spaghetti Sauce/Pasta/Noodles
• Peanut Butter
• Canned Tomatoes/Veggies/Fruit
• Mac & Cheese
• Baby Food
What happens to the food once it gets to Second Harvest?
• Volunteers sort and box the items in the warehouse.
• The food is distributed to charities who serve those in need in Northeast TN.
• There is absolutely no cost to the donor or the charity.
To get more details, fill out the form below or call Megan to register your food drive: 279-0430 ext 224